Sunday, October 26, 2008

Time Marches On Relentlessly



Egads! Did you see "fall" go by? With a WHOOSH! Talk about life on fast-forward, I have had to schedule SCHEDULE MIND YOU time to finish a book club book! Can't quite figure out how to paint 5-6 hours a day, shop for food, frame, market, deliver, pick-up, hit the galleries, see a movie, get my nails done, organize an exhibit, spend time with my family, sleep in, get up early, drive a golf cart around an industrial steel plant to take pictures, call a friend, maintain my websites, take a walk, and do it all in 24 hours a day. I'm tryin' here, but it doesn't leave much time to blog. So - here are a couple of paintings I have managed to do "en plein air" in the past weeks.
The Plein Air Painters of Chicago (me included) spent a few weeks in the Edgewater community of Chicago, painting in the streets and alleys. The painting on the left is the alley behind the Gethsemane Garden Center on N. Clark, and on the right is a courtyard on Ashland and Balmoral, across the street from the Edgewater Historical Society where we had an exhibit of these works. I also had a great reunion with Richard Schmid and Nancy Guzik in Lake Forest, where Richard and Nancy donated their time and talents to support The Visiting Artists Group, which sends artists into schools to foster arts education for children. We have been friends for 20 years and it was a pleasure to spend time with them.
And now, I'm helping organize "Four Seasons of Old Town", the result of 12 months of painting in the Old Town Triangle neighborhood of Chicago by the Plein Air Painters of Chicago (PAPC). It opens Sunday Nov. 9 from 2-4 PM at the Old Town Art Center, 1763 N. North Park, Chicago 60614, and will close Sunday Nov. 30 with a reception from 1-3 PM.
And with that, I am off.
Talk to you soon.
P. S. I am in the NEW AMERICAN PAINTINGS book #77 Midwest, with four pages of my paintings and bio. Check it out. Published by Open Studios Press.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Ziegler said...

Hi Nancy!
I agree with you--the fall flew by. I didn't get to do much photography, but did some. I lost my job, got another job, went on a cruise to Mexico, and then came the Holidays! What a whirlwind...

go by My Photographic Memories and check out the photos of Chichen Itza and the slideshows of the baby sea turtles heading out to sea. What a delight those were to see. I never thought I'd see either one, but I did.

Happy New Year! and congratulations on being published.

Best regards,
Mike Z
http://myphotomemries.blogspot.com

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home