Sunday, April 30, 2006

Having a good spring!!





Painting outside in February and March in Chicago has been very exciting this year. It was pretty cold at Humboldt Park but the sun was out so this 9 x 12 painting was completed en plein air with palette knife.
With three months to paint, and enter shows, I've sold five paintings!
The Dixon "Farms and Barns" show is up until May 15, and the Mayor of Dixon bought my painting of the red barn shown here.
I will have two paintings in The Next Picture Show Gallery on Main St. in Dixon, during the month of June. The show is titled Art and Architecture. This is a beautiful gallery, so check out the show if you are in north central Illinois. It is open all day Tuesday through Saturday, 9-5.

I am changing the way I approach larger pieces, using the on-site paintings as reference for bigger works in the studio. This is how I have done the "Recycle Chicago" paintings. The larger piece on the left is 30 x 40 on maple board, the square piece is 20 x 20 also on maple board. I'm working my way down the Clybourn Industrial Corridor in Chicago, cause I like the "grit."

1 Comments:

Blogger Marci Oleszkiewicz said...

Nancy,

your paintings are awesome, Congratulations on all the sales as well. Yahoo

Marci

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home