Sunday, November 05, 2006




I'm baaaaack! Been too busy hanging out under the el andpainting to blog! The Prairie Cement image is an example of both what I have been doing and how I have been doing it. These lovely birch boards are handmade by Joel Fromer for artists like me to paint on. I love the look of the board so much that I decided to use the "ground" as part of the actual image. Hence you see the shellac-colored ground around the edges and within the painting itself. I work with palette knife almost exclusively on these birch boards, and have a show at the University Club of Chicago opening January 11, 2006 that will have several of these types of paintings in it. I am also present on www.fineartamerica.com and do postings there of the current venues where I am exhibiting. Having lots of fun painting these days. Go to my website at www.nancyalbrechtstudio.com for current and earlier works. email nancy.albrecht at rcn.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home